Carob Nut Clusters
Delicious, insanely quick & easy carob nut clusters recipe. These treats are perfectly sweet and nutty and great for parties and snacks!
- 3 cups Barley sweetened carob chips
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon natural flavoring (any kind)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- Melt chips and peanut butter in microwave or double boiler. Watch carefully as carob melts faster than chocolate.
- Remove from microwave with pieces of chips still unmelted.
- Add flavoring and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons (or tablespoons if you want larger pieces) onto waxed paper and chill until hardened. They will harden fairly quickly.
- Best if stored in refrigerator, but can be stored at room temperature also.
For bars, pour mixture into a pan sprayed with Pam, and cut into bars before they are entirely hardened.
I have made these with the following: raisins, chow mein noodles broken fine, all kinds of nuts, quick oatmeal, and unsweetened rice krispies. In other words, anything you like to find in a chocolate candy. Just don't add sugar or fat. Health food stores usually carry all kinds of unsweetened, good-for-you cereals. My favorite is just walnuts and raisins. When you use krispies alone with butterscotch flavoring, they taste just like Crunch bars.