Try this great chili recipe for tacos, burritos, or just straight out of the bowl! Delicious either way.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can of peeled whole tomatoes, or crushed
- 1 large can of dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large can of light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of seasoned chili beans
- 2 cups of veggie crumbs (or crumbled veggie burgers)
- chili powder, to taste
- Texas Pete sauce, to taste
- Sauté onion in olive oil. When onions are transparent, pour the veggie crumbs in. Mix together and let simmer on low heat while you mix the other ingredients. In a large pot (or crock pot), chop the whole tomatoes into bite size pieces, or use crushed tomatoes. Add the kidney beans and seasoned chili beans. Now stir in the onions and veggie crumbs to the beans, and add your chili powder. Add a few dashes of Texas Pete sauce over the top and stir all together. Simmer over medium-low heat for one hour.
Serve over tortilla chips, and sprinkle vegan cheese and raw onions on top.