Carrot and Chickpea Salad
A beauty of a carrot salad tricked out with chickpeas, chunks of dried fruit. Absolutely delicious!
- 2 cups of shredded carrot
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15 ounce can)
- 2/3 cup dried plums, dates or any other favorite dried fruit, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, lightly chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a medium bowl, place the grated carrots, chickpeas, dried fruit, and mint. Toss well.
- Add the dressing (see below) and toss gently to coat.
- Toast the cumin seed in a skillet until fragrant, about a minute.
- Cool, and then grind to a powder.
- Add to a bowl or jar and mix in the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper.