My Auntie Bonnie needs a chickpea intervention. She has them stockpiled in her kitchen cupboards, and although I was concerned for a while about her stockpiling towels and duvet covers, it's the chickpea obsession that I'm worried about the most. Does anyone really need 35 cans of chickpeas "just in case"? This incredibly simple but fresh and delicious salad is purrfection. Just like my Auntie Bonnie.
- 19 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon oil (flax, hemp, olive, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Reprinted with permission from La Dolce Vegan!: Vegan Livin' Made Easy by Sarah Kramer (GoVegan.net) Arsenal Pulp Press.