This is a very nice mild and creamy dish to serve with spicy curries.
- 1 1/2 cups Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice
- 1 (14 oz.) can Thai Kitchen Pure Coconut Milk (Regular or Lite)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- Optional garnishes: toasted shredded coconut and chopped fresh cilantro
- Rinse jasmine rice with water and drain well. In a saucepan combine coconut milk, water, sugar and salt. Stir until sugar is dissolved and the ingredients are well blended.
- Stir in jasmine rice; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover tightly, reduce heat, and simmer 18 to 20 minutes.
- Check for doneness at end of cooking time and add a little more water if necessary and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut and chopped cilantro, if desired. Makes 4 to 6 servings