Classic, easy and delicious Thanksgiving cranberry sauce recipe with a few more ingredients like apple, walnuts, vinegar, and orange juice. A twist but a delicious one at that.
- 1 cup orange segments, cut in pieces
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar, or other sweetener
- 1 cup chopped, unpeeled apple
- 1/2 cup golden (or black) raisins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients and stir to boiling. Simmer, uncovered, until cranberries "pop" and are cooked (about 20 minutes). Refrigerate.