Fabulous Fettuccini Salad
This recipe can be adapted for a small group or a large gathering. Just multiply the ingredients for each pound of linguini used. It's that simple and oh, so delicious!
- 1 pound linguini, cooked and drained
- one bunch broccoli florets
- 6-8 carrots, sliced
- 1 bunch of scallions, sliced thin
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vegetable oil (canola is fine; do not use olive oil)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of a lemon
- While the linguini cooks, steam the broccoli and carrots until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Slice scallions and tomatoes, then combine with cooked linguini and steamed veggies.
- Top with dressing. Squeeze lemon over entire dish.
Shemirah Brachah and her daughter, Michelle Johnson, founded Vegan Venue (formerly the Ful-Mont Veg Group) after attending the North American Vegetarian Society's annual Summerfest in 2000. Shemirah has been a vegetarian since 1988 and a vegan since 2000. She finds vegan cooking to be challenging, interesting, satisfying and most enjoyable!