Fattoosh means "moistened bread" which clues you in to one of the key ingredients in this delicious salad. Whip it up in minutes and enjoy!
- 2 or 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded, deribbed, and diced
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded or diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 pita bread, cut into cubes and toasted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the vegetables, herbs, and bread.
- Make the dressing, pour it over the salad, toss well, and chill for 30-60 minutes before serving.