French Toast Kebabs
Kids love to help make this moist, yummy french toast on a stick. It's great for fun and leisurely mornings and makes a delightful side to any breakfast.
- 4 slices of the bread of your choice (we prefer spelt or cinnamon swirl bread)
- 1 1/2 cups of soy or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Ener-G egg replacer
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar or agave
- oil for cooking
- bamboo skewers
- maple syrup for dipping
- Whisk the milk, flour, egg replacer, cinnamon and sugar together in a shallow bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan over low-medium flame.
- One at a time, dip bread into the milk mixture for 2 seconds on each side. Transfer to pan and let cook on each side for until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove form pan and let cool slightly. Then cut each piece into 6-8 smaller pieces using a knife or small cookie cutters to make shapes. Place French toast pieces onto a bamboo skewer.
- Serve with maple syrup in a small container for dipping.