Grilled Asparagus and Sweet Pepper Salad
If you like asparagus, you will love this recipe! This salad has a great vinaigrette, a touch of citrus and mustard, so it is packed with flavor.
- 1 pound of fresh asparagus spears
- 1 medium orange bell pepper
- 1 small or medium red onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- Preheat grill to 375 degrees.
- Prepare vegetables for grilling by trimming off rough ends of asparagus, cutting the pepper in half and removing the seeds, and slicing the onion.
- Grill asparagus for only 2 or three minutes. (you still want it crunchy). Continue grilling the onion and the pepper until they are flavored but still crunchy. Place in refrigerator to cool down.
- Zest the lemon, lime, and orange and set aside. Squeeze juice from the lemon, lime, and orange and set aside.
- Combine vinegar ,dijon mustard, salt, pepper, citrus juices.
- Chop the onion and pepper then cut the asparagus into thirds. Combine dijon vinaigrette, citrus zest, and vegetables, then toss until evenly coated.