Grilled Potato Skins
There is nothing like a plate full of crispy potato skins, filled with melty soy cheddar cheese flavor, and topped with vegan bacon bits, vegan sour cream and green onions.
- 6 baking potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine, melted
- 2 cups soy cheddar cheese flavor, shredded
- 3 slices veggie bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled or vegan bacon bits
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- Chopped tomato and green onion (optional)
- Microwave or bake potatoes ahead of time until tender.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp. The potato skin shell should be about 1/4 inch thick. Chill until you are ready to make the skins. (You can also do this the night before and serve extra potatoes for dinner)
- Brush the inside of each shell with melted margarine. Divide shredded soy cheese between the shells, sprinkle with vegan bacon/bacon bits.
- Grill the skins (skin side down) on a medium heat grill for 10-12 minutes until the skins are crisp. Close the top for part of the time to help melt the cheese.
- Remove and top with the vegan sour cream. Serve the green onion and tomato as a garnish.