Hot Guacamole Soup
Here's a guacamole dish for the cooler months - soup-style!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 large leaves romaine (or other) lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, with tops
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pure ground chili
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Cut avocado into quarters, remove pit and peel, and put the flesh in a blender or processor. Tear the romaine leaves into pieces and add to blender. Add remaining ingredients, together with half the stock, and puree until smooth. Combine with remaining stock in a pan and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Serves 4.