Lentils make soup making easy—they cook quickly and are incredibly tasty. This lentil soup recipe is full of goodness and really hearty
- 3-4 cups dried lentils (red lentils cook up to a pretty bright yellow!)
- 4-5 cups water or vegetable broth
- dried onion
- dried celery
- dried zucchini
- minced garlic
- crushed red pepper
- 3" piece dried Kombu (a type of seaweed)
- handful of Arame (another seaweed)
- Place all ingredients into crockpot. Cook all day on 'Low' setting.
Feel free to add whatever you have on hand. There's no salt in the original recipe. I don't normally salt as I cook, but rather allow people to salt to taste their own individual servings.
Freezes well. Freeze meal-size portions in quart-size freezer bags.