Low Fat Zucchini-Applesauce Cake
This cake recipe could be a great snack in the evening with a cup of coffee. And you don't have to worry about the fattening continents in a regular cake, this one is low fat!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon soy flour mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup sugar or 1/2 agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup applesauce or mashed bananas
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup raisins, dried cranberries, or nuts, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In medium size mixing bowl using a wooden spoon, stir together sugar, applesauce or banana, zucchini, and soy flour/water combination. In separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together and combine with the sugar - applesauce mixture. Pour into oiled or greased loaf pan. Bake 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Bake in a large batch to make good use of a lot of zucchini. Freezes well up to 6 months. Makes a nice, firm loaf that slices easily without falling apart. Packs well in lunchboxes, too.