The sauce recipe made plain (minus jalapenos, chiles/tomatoes and hot sauce) can make great macaroni and cheese, soups, broths, etc. Enjoy macaroni, nachos and even fondue!
- 2-3 Tablespoons Earth Balance vegan margarine
- 5 heaping Tablespoons flour (use stone-ground wheat flour, it's healthier)
- 2 cups Westsoy plain soymilk
- 1/2 block of Vegan Gourmet cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can of green chiles with diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 small can diced jalapeños, more if you like it hot
- Frank's red hot sauce, to desired heat
- In a medium saucepan, heat the vegan margarine to bubbly.
- Add flour. Make sure that there is enough margarine to flour (you may need to add a little extra margarine). Mix well.
- Add soymilk, and heat to boiling. Blend the flour into the milk to remove lumps.
- Add vegan cheddar. Stir constantly and heat through. Add remaining ingredients.