Nut Butter French Toast
A delicious alternative to peanut butter, cashew nut butter has a distinct flavor all its own that gives this french toast a to die for taste! A great way to start off your day with some yummy breakfast.
- 1/4 cup cashew butter or almond butter
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- whole grain bread
- maple syrup, jam, or applesauce for dipping
- Whiz nut butter, soy milk and cinnamon together in blender. Pour into a shallow dish.
- Dip bread on both sides and fry.
- Cut into 'bars' and serve with syrup, jam or applesauce.
When cooked, it gets a really cool swirly design on the bread from the nut butter.
I have not yet met a kid who did not love this, and the dipping is fun!