Quick Shepherd’s Pie
If you're looking for pure comfort food thats quick and effortless? Then this is the recipe for you! Super simple and quick, you don't have to worry about dinner tonight!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 veggie burgers, thawed and crumbled
- 1 can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 Cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 3-4 Cups leftover mashed potatoes OR Instant mashed potato flakes + ingredients for 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until golden.
- Add burger chunks, tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer until most of the liquid is gone.
- Transfer burger mixture into the bottom of a 2-quart casserole or glass baking dish.
- Layer vegetables on top. Spread mashed potatoes on top of vegetables.
- Bake 12 minutes or until heated through. Serves 6.