Red and Green Pepper ‘Steak’
What's a smart way to use up those burgers in the fridge? Use it in this recipe! Its yummy and easy to make using fresh vegetables and a great sauce.
- 4 veggie burgers, thawed and cubed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or Braggs liquid aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell peppers, cut in 1-inch squares
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Combine soy sauce or Braggs, garlic, and ginger in a medium bowl or ziplock bag. Add burgers and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok. Toss onion, peppers, and celery over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add burger chunks to pan
- Mix cornstarch with water. Add to pan; stir and cook until thickened.
- Add tomatoes and heat through.