Roasted Sesame Asparagus
Anything with asparagus is a good side dish, its so good! This dish has a great sweet/spicy sauce that works perfect with the crumb coated asparagus. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar - divided
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce - divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and trimmed*
- 2 1/4 sesame oil - divided
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 450F then lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon ginger. In another container mix together the panko bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Toss the asparagus in the mayonnaise mixture to coat each stock then roll them in the bread crumb mixture.
- Transfer asparagus to the oiled baking sheet. Lightly drizzle 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil over the asparagus and place in pre-heated oven. Roast until well browned, turning once, approx 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon water, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce, the remaining vinegar, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon ginger and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Remove asparagus from oven and let cool slightly. Transfer asparagus to serving platter and drizzle with sauce.
Trimming Suggestion: Asparagus spears have a tough, fibrous base but you don't need a knife to trim them! Asparagus spears will break at the least fibrous point so simply bend each spear until they snap!