Soy Protein Truffles
A perfect healthy snack and they're raw, also delicious and fudgy. Don't miss out on these, Vegans!
- 1/3 cup 100% unflavored soy protein powder
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Very small pinch of salt
- Soy milk or water
- Sweetener to taste
- Mix together dry ingredients. Add vanilla extract and about a tablespoon of soy milk or water and blend. Add tiny amounts of liquid until the mixture resembles clay. Taste, add sweetener and mix until blended. Keep the dough on the dry side.
- Scoop out rounded teaspoonfuls, and with wet hands, form into small balls. Roll in cocoa powder, ground nuts or coconut flakes, or a combination of all three. Yield depends on truffle size. Store truffles not immediately eaten in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Use your imagination and add extra ingredients like chopped nuts, flaked coconut, oatmeal or granola, raisins or other chopped dried fruit, as desired.
Most soy powders equal about 25 grams of protein and 1 gram of fat.