Spelt Carob Chip Cookies
If you're looking for some basic chocolate chip cookies to make but you're vegan, these are as close as you can get to those delicious chocolate filled snacks. Its healthy, vegan, and tastes great!
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine (I like Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute, or 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 cup spelt flour (I like Arrow Mills)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Carob Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl, beat Earth Balance with sugar, egg substitute and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and salt, stir well. Fold in carob chips.
- Drop on oiled baking sheet (I use Coconut oil) by teaspoonfuls and bake 10-12 minutes or until done.