Spicy Zucchini Sandwich
Sometimes you're too busy to make dinner and you don't want to make just a boring sandwich. This quick sandwich combines the flavors of fresh zucchini and hot red pepper flakes that adds the spicy flavor. Fun and delightful!
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic or about 1/2 garlic head
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
- dash of salt (or more to taste)
- 1 large zucchini
- lettuce (romaine or leaf)
- onions or scallions
- ciabatta bread
- To prepare sauté, add red pepper flakes, minced garlic, olive oil and salt to heated sauté pan. Sauté for a couple of minutes (I recommend you cover pot or the red pepper may make you cough a bit.)
- To prepare zucchini, cut into thick half-inch strips lengthwise. Steam until tender. (optional: coat with breadcrumbs). Pan fry with seasoned sauté for 3 minutes or until lightly brown; make sure you flip them to coat with seasoned sauté.
- Assemble sandwich using ciabatta bread or thick crusty rolls. Add fresh tomatoes, romaine or leaf lettuce and onions or chopped scallions.