Spinach and Artichoke Dip
A go-to appetizer for parties, this spinach and artichoke dip has all the creamy-inside, brown-and-crispy-on-top texture and cheesy taste that makes dips like this appealing
- 1 package chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- can artichoke hearts, chopped and drained
- 1 container vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup plain vegan milk product, or Mimic Creme
- 4 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar or mozzarella
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Heat oil in skillet, add peppers and garlic, sauté 4 minutes over medium heat, then add milk, cooking an additional 1-2 minutes. Add chopped artichokes, cream cheese, green onions, and chives, and heat through until melted. Add parmesan, nutritional yeast,1/2 of the vegan cheddar and cream cheese in the recipe, and cook until melted. Add spinach, stirring frequently, and let cook for 3- minutes, until mixture begins to thicken. Transfer mix into a casserole or baking dish and top with the rest of the vegan cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese on top melts and the mixture is warm. Serve hot with our pita chips or small slices of gluten-free garlic toast.
By Dawn Grey, PhD, CHHP, author of The Virtuous Vegan - Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Cuisine
Dawn Grey, PhD, is a Certified Holistic Health Practitioner and owner of the Aruna Center of Lawrence, Kansas. After discovering her lifelong health issues were the results of dairy, egg, and wheat sensitivities in 2001, she changed her diet and the scope of her consultation business to help others identify and manage their own sensitivities. Now, nine years later, she is healthier, leaner, and happier than ever before.
In addition to this book, Dawn is the author of New Dawn Kitchen: Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Easily Sugar-Free Desserts.