Strawberry Love Muffins
They say that the quickest way to a person's heart is through their stomach. Thus, try this equally romantic treat for those who prefer a sweet that doesn't carry the guilt of an over-the-top indulgence.
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Plain Soymilk
- 1/3 Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries, Thawed and Sliced
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease one dozen muffin tins.
- Begin by mixing together your dry ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl. Gently stir in the soymilk, oil, and vanilla but be careful not to over mix, a few lumps are okay! Fold in the thawed strawberries and pour the batter into your prepared muffin tins, 3/4 of the way to the top. Slide your filled tins into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins sit for at least 10 minutes before removing them from the pan. Enjoy with someone you love.
Recipe reprinted with permission from My Sweet Vegan: Passionate about dessert