Tasha’s Coconut Macadamia Cheesecake
Give your cheesecake a yummy twist with this recipe. Everyone will love it, especially those nut lovers!
- 1 cup vanilla animal cookies
- 1 cup granola
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons ground macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine, melted
- 1 12.3-ounce package firm silken tofu
- 1 12 ounce package vegan sour cream
- 2 8-ounce packages vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure coconut extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 champagne mango, sliced for garnish
- Bring sour cream and cream cheese to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Place the animal cookies, granola and 1/2 cup macadamia nuts in a food processor and blend until crumbly. Transfer to a bowl and mix in 2 tablespoons maple syrup and melted margarine.
- Press into the bottom of the pan to form a crust. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the tofu, sour cream, and cream cheese in a large food processor and process until smooth. Add remaining maple syrup, coconut milk, and coconut extract and process again until combined.
- Pour over the prepared crust and bake in the center oven rack until firm, about 40 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Remove pan sides, sprinkle top evenly with shredded coconut and remaining macadamia nuts, arrange sliced mango in the center. ENJOY!