Vegan Carrot Cake
This is a the best vegan carrot cake you will ever eat! It has rich cream cheese frosting that tastes very much like the non-vegan version. Totally yum!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups finely-shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 egg substitute (Ener-G)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 3 ounces Better Than Cream Cheese cream cheese substitute
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Grease and flour a 10" X 9" or square cake pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Mix in the carrots, egg subs, oil, apple sauce, and vanilla. Beat about 2-3 minutes, until well mixed. Stir in the nuts, if used.
- Bake at 325 F for about 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once the Better Than Cream Cheese is at room temperature, mix all ingredients together.
- Frost cake.