Vegan Protein Bars
Protein bars are great for a quick breakfast bars and one of our favorite snacks. They can be made ahead of time and take up little space in your bag so you can always have something on hand to eat that you know is good for you.
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups oats
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea or Pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8x8 baking pan by waxed or parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine protein powder, oats, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine almond butter, brown rice syrup, almond milk, and vanilla until mixed well. Pour dry mix in and stir until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Using a spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly. Bake for 18 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Cut into bars and store in an airtight container.
Protein: 9 g.
You can reduce the calories and fat even further by using PB2 powdered peanut butter instead of regular peanut butter.
Try adding raisins and/or coconut instead of chocolate chips for a different flavor.
To have plenty on hand, double the batch and wrap the cooled and cut bars in waxed paper, foil or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or freezer.