Vegan Sausage Minestrone
Here's a one dish meal that is filling, flavorful and perfect for an autumn and winter supper.
- 14 ounces Gimme Lean Meat Free ground sausage vegetable protein
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2-14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2-15.5 ounce cans cannelli beans (unrinsed)
- 1 pound chopped fresh spinach
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Divide meat free sausage into 14 even slices. Roll each slice into a small ball and brown in oil. Remove meatballs to a clean plate.
- Add chopped onion and carrot to oil and cook until lightly brown. Add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and beans. Stir. Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chopped spinach and cook for another 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.