Souvlaki is a Greek specialty traditionally made with meat served in pita breads with a cucumber and yogurt-based Tzaziki sauce. This vegan version has just the same amazing flavor with Seitan as a substitute. You will want seconds of this one!
- 1 container vegan cream cheese
- 1 container vegan plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cucumber, minced
- parsley and other herbs, to taste
- juice of one lemon, or to taste
- pita bread
- Tamari soy sauce
- For the Tzaziki sauce, blend together the first 10 ingredients until smooth.
- Assemble the Souvlaki by stuffing pitas with onions, tomatoes, medium-sized cubes of seitan and Tamari soy sauce.
- Top with Tzaziki sauce.
Tzaziki sauce may also be served with wrap sandwiches or as a dip with vegetables.