Vegan Sweet Potato Hash
This beautiful dish is filled with colorful vegetables and aromatic spices.
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled,and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions or red onions, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup cut corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup red pepper, destemmed,deseeded,and diced
- 1 cup green pepper, destemmed,deseeded,and diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, destemmed,deseeded,and diced
- 3/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute the swe et potato in the safflower oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and sauté an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the zucchini, corn, all of the peppers, and continue to sauté the mixture for 5 additional minutes, stirring often.
- Add the green onions and garlic, and sauté an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook an additional 2 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
By Beverly Lynn Bennett