These meatballs have been a wonderful addition to our family dinners. They are healthy, versatile and easy to make ahead since they can be frozen for later use.
- 3 slices of bread
- 2 boiled and peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup boiled green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped cabbage
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil
- tomato slices, for garnish
- tomato ketchup
- In a bowl put peas, green pepper, carrot, cabbage, potatoes and bread. Put salt to taste.
- Mash all the ingredients together. Make small round balls from this mixture.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. After 2-3 minutes put the mixture balls in the frying pan. Fry lightly until the balls turn crisp and light brown on both sides.
Veggie balls are ready in just a few minutes! Serve the veggie balls hot with tomato ketchup and garnish the plate with chopped cabbage and tomato slices.