Watermelon Almond Tart
Looking for watermelon recipes? A watermelon tart is beautiful and a refreshing summer dessert using a favorite summer fruit.
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 3- to 5-inch thick slice seedless watermelon, rind removed
- 1 cup low or no fat natural vanilla flavored vegan yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup In a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat, toast the almonds while constantly stirring to prevent burning. When they are golden, remove them to a heatproof tray or foil to cool. Cut the watermelon slice into 6 to 8 pie-shaped wedges.
- Dip the back (curved) side of each slice in the yogurt and then the almonds, re-assembling the pieces on a serving platter as you complete each piece. When finished, it will look like a piecrust of almonds around the watermelon slices. Frost the top of the reassembled watermelon with the remaining yogurt and decorate the top with the berries. Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the top. Serve cold. Serves 6 to 8.
Recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board www.watermelon.org